Tuesday, March 20, 2007

13. Putting on the Masquerade

I know that I have to move on. I don't know if I should still confront him and say that he used me and I feel...like, I still don't know how to put it. But I see that he doesn't like me in that way anymore - and probably for a long time.

So, I have ignored his calls, calls that are meaningless, asking where I am just before a lecture. I try to ignore him and talk to someone else. On MSN I have never started a conversation and I've been 'distant' by not replying in a timely manner. I try to be cold and kinda slack (because I am a horrid person). But I'm afraid of losing a friendship - although I know I just have to get over it. And really, it's my problem that I have to resovle with myself.

I know that I just need to get with someone new. Here's the catch though, I like people, but I'm unsure if they like me and those who like me, I do not like. Also, I've become a firm believer of the fact that guys should ask girls out and not the other way around. So - I'm starting to think that I'm stuck in some sort of vicious cycle. Some cycle that I recognise that I can only break.

But one thing's for sure: I've come to see that I know more people than I had actually thought at my new uni. So, that's pretty good, especially when I have someone to talk to in all classes. Just to kill the loneliness if anything. And I suppose, I just need to get out there and do something social.


No comments: