Sunday, February 18, 2007

10. Healing in the hindsight

Being a bit better, emotionally, there was also the fact that I had to address the issue of rejection. It was a pretty full frontal piece of rejection and I think I had no previous life experiences that would have made it easier. Rejection on the basis of location was hardest. It was something that I thought would not come into play, for I know of many who do not reside close to their close ones. But it was foolish of me not to think that if a long-distance relationship was not what he wanted then of course, living on the other side of town was not an improvement.

Secondly, much of the tears were the result of me being so foolish and can't believing myself that I had been that pathetic. I cried at being so stupid. and how something so simple could reduce me to the state I was in. The consolation that I get is the experience of such should make me more resilient in such matters.

Thinking back, another lesson learnt, having other dates present themselves, is that I do agree on the philosophy of never asking a guy out. This, I would say, holds true for people around my age. I have learnt that if they cannot bother to asking you out then, they are just not that into you and you should forget about it. If you ask them out on the first date (not that I ever did with the particular guy in question), then you will never be sure of whether they like you, and I mean really like you enough to try not to hurt you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's never too late to learn to appreciate yourself and see the unrecognized potentials that one possessed.

There are professional coaches that are willing to help out in reinventing oneself and bring out the best in you.